While the Federal Reserve has grabbed all the headlines for raising interest rates lately, its neighbor to the north has actually been just as aggressive in tightening policy over the last year. The Bank of Canada has raised its benchmark interest rate three times since the start of last July, and if economists are correct, another hike is likely at Wednesday’s meeting.
- Next story Tuesday Sector Leaders: Utilities, Energy
- Previous story Gold Price Outlook Mired by Extreme Retail Positioning
- CAD Undermined by US Auto Tariff Threat. Hawkish BoC, So What?
- The Root of the Next Market Collapse: Leverage is Everywhere
- Asian Stocks Firmer, Lack Of Trade Spat Escalation Cheers Investors
- Australian Dollar Steady Despite Another Big China Trade Surplus
- A Nasdaq Record Vs Commodity Slump, EURUSD Unmoved by Fed and ECB Hike Talk
AAT BABA,BAX,OTCPK:NSRGY Banks Bitcoin Blockchain Blog Buy Gold CBRL China crisis Cryptocurriency Currency Debt DOLLAR Economy EGO European Union FB GE,PRGO,APC,DXC,WBA,ADI,WPM GLO,MSD,HTZ,THC,AKS,AVP,SM Gold goldcoin gold coin Gold coins Gold Price Gold Trend Analysis hard money HP inflation Investment KRNT,TRIL,TUES,SYRS,MRAM,MVIS,IOTS LSE:ACA Money News NOMD NXPI,DVMT,SINA,RYAAY,WFT,GOGO,AABA NXPI,ESES,AAP,HK,GST,CFCO,UPL ORCL,AMZN,MSFT,IBM Quantitative easing savings SPY,DJI,QQQ Uncategorized United Kingdom USA VIAV,MMYT,KHC,EPC,TWX,BABA,AABA